Torvald: Wow , I really screwed up.
*Rank enters into the same room as torvald*
Dr.Rank: Torvald, I over heard the conversation as I was returning to say my actual goodbyes to you my old friend. Excuse me if I'm overstepping my boundaries but I wanna ask you something if you'd let me of course
Torvald: I have nothing better to do along with it , go.
Dr. Rank:You said you screwed up but have you really thought about the fact that you say you love her but you haven't showed her in any way these past 8 years...
Torvald: how dare you make such accussation I have indeed showed her my love for her was indeed serious
Rank: Old friend , I've known you for a very long time and since I could remember you always treated Nora as if she was a trophy to show off in public and at home as if you'd put her back in the case.
Torvald: You dare come into my house to say such dreadful things ?
Rank: Torvald you are confused my friend , I am speaking the truth maybe you don't like it but this might have come to happen because you needed to be reminded that she's not a toy.
Torvald: What do you mean? I treat her like a queen.
Rank: Torvald oh, Torvald. Yet you still tend to be stubborn and wild with your actions you need to let go of that you and become someone better if you really do "love" Nora as much as you told me you did when you and her we're getting married.
Torvald: As much as I try to change it would all be too late as Nora has already left to never be found again.
Rank: You continue to be stubborn Torvald , she shall be in Mrs.linde's house go and show her that you are not the man you've shown to be these 8 years and that you're willing to change for her , think about it she gave everything even her life for you and yet you've done nothing but treated her like a fragile little doll.
Torvald: But my honor will be thrown out the window once I-
Rank: (interrupting Torvald) Torvald you are wiser to know that a mans honor can always be restored and regained but a partner , a soul mate , a special someone who is willing to give their life up for yours that my friend you should know is rare to find and you've got yourself one here... Don't act like a wild ass , beast or animal for your reputation follows you for being a good man and wise man don't make a stupid decision now.
Torvald:You know you always were one of the most honest and loyal friend I was to ever have in my life Rank , you came here thinking you were gonna say your good-byes yet you came and you changed me my mentality and the way I viewed things I have become a better man and shall start acting like it beginning by regaining Nora's trust and love no matter the cause.
Rank: GOOD. (Shakes Torvalds hand and starts to head out for the door)
Torvald: so this really is goodbye my old friend... Till we meet again.
Rank: I want you to make me a promise ... Because of my situation and my circumstances .. As I did love Nora but was never able to do anything because you were my closest friend and I wouldn't do that to you ... You knew this of course ... Promise me to love her and take care of her for me once you get her back for me.
Torvald: dear friend... If that is your last wish , I'd do anything for you after all you've done of course .
(Rank exits the house)
Scene changes to the train station with dr.rank and Nora
Nora: so he really bought the whole story?
Dr.rank: of course he did why wouldn't he it was perfect
Nora: well now we can start our new lives dear rank together happily
Dr.rank: I do feel bad lying to him about my death but it's better that way.
Nora: after what he's done he deserved it
Train arrives
Nora: now shall we go
Rank: whatever my dear princess deaires.
They both enter the train and it takes off to the sunset.
This was a really nice plot twist. It was clever of Rank to fake the whole thing to just be with Nora and get what he always wanted
ReplyDeleteI actually really like this plot twist!
ReplyDelete